Francis Seivert greets assessment team in Montaña de la Flor

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Seivert from Gehlen Sunday 1:10 P.M.

Good afternoon from Gehlen. Just spoke with my brother Francis. The Springfield team was a few minutes from their visit at the malnutrition center in Sulaco. Am writing this blog in advance of Merica's tonight because of the photo I have posted here. The Gehlen student team named her the 'stick lady.'   Like the Gehlen group on their way to Sulaco the Springfield team just had their emotional encounter with the lady. I will let Merica tell the story when she returns tonight. When she does, the picture is posted here.
Take Care,
Richard Seivert
Gehlen Catholic Mission Honduras

3 comments:

  1. Knowing the story, this brings me to tiers, seeing her picture.I cant inmagian what our children see. KIDS YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!!God Bless all of you.. Springfield keep working hard.The lord is working right with you. GOD BLESS YOU.Jordan Sitzmanns from GEHLEN CATHOLIC Mother; GOD BLESS JULIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Miguel from the Gehlen Group to Linda.
    The stick lady hurt my self-esteem.lol I hope you are having fun. To the whole Springfield group, enjoy your stay because I really wish I was still there. Best time of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing all the stories. What a blessing to not only changes the lives of others but to also change your life on this humble journey. God does work in mysterious ways as he leads us to reach out and serve others. May God Bless Mercia, Mercia's son, Alex, Max, Mary, Kirsten, Megan, Bob, Kim, Chuck, Chastyn, Steph, Peyton, and Christina as they travel along this journey. Thank you Richard and his team for providing us with this wonderful blog where we can keep up dated on the mission trip. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete