Francis Seivert greets assessment team in Montaña de la Flor

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Last Night at Home - for a bit

Time until we are in Honduras: 1 day, 12 hours, 33 minutes, 29 seconds

Holy cow! We'll be on the ground in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, probably gathering our bags in just 37 hours! It seemed like forever until we reached Send-Off Day, and now it's just around the corner. I know I'll have trouble sleeping tonight; I can hardly control my excitement. I also can hardly wait to see the difference this trip will make for you.

Francis has been quite busy during his time in Honduras. With the help of our Honduran friends, he has everything ready for our arrival at our 'home away from home' in Esquias.

Tomorrow I ask that you totally immerse yourself in the beautiful Send-Off ceremony that Seivert has spent weeks preparing. Really listen to what he has to say, tune in and focus on the words of the music selected just for the Send-Off (including our 2010 mission theme song), look at all the photos on the 2009 Student PowerPoint presentation, and pray for everyone involved - both Honduran and American. I have to admit that it will be the best Send-Off ceremony I've ever attended - and I've attended quite a few of them. ALL the missioners will be present but Francis, since he is already in Honduras.

Remember to leave your electronic devices with your parents when we head for the bus after the Send-Off. Our hope is that you will spend the time without those earpieces connected to your head socializing, meditating, and truly seeing the world around you.

I hope you spent a little extra time with your family tonight. Students, thank your parents for allowing you this 'chance of a lifetime' experience. I'll see you at the Send-Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment