Francis Seivert greets assessment team in Montaña de la Flor

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Packing Day

We had a great packing day! Wasn't it amazing the amount of materials we stuffed into those bags! You will have a wonderful time re-sorting those materials in Esquias and then packing bags of those goodies for families in La Florida. The families are always grateful for whatever we give them. The children are excited for even the smallest toys. AND, the little girls - and older girls - LOVE to have their nails painted with bright fingernail polish.

It is extremely important to stay rested this week. I know how hard it is to do because we are all excited, but the heat and hard work will be exhausting for us. It is not fun to get sick while we're in Honduras because your body needs the rest and hydration. BE SMART. Take care of yourselves so you can have a wonderful mission trip.

In a few weeks you are going to be changed people. I remember vividly my first mission trip and the difference it has made in my life. I guess that is pretty obvious, since I'll be making my eighth trip into Honduras in a few days and continue to be as involved with MH and KAH as I possibly can. Take time in Honduras to meet new people - both fellow missioners and Hondurans. You'll not regret it.

Remind all your friends and families that I will be blogging daily, if at all possible. If it is not possible to do so from Honduras, I will relay all information to Seivert who will do the blogs for us. I'll do my best to give everyone a snapshot of what we are doing at all times.

Time until we are in Honduras:  4 days, 15 hours, 47 minutes, 54 seconds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment